Monday, January 5, 2009

DI find!

Wow! Sorry to post so many all at once, but it has been a very busy couple weeks and a lot that I wanted to add up on here! It is mostly just pictures that I wanted to share! Enjoy!





We Found this old beat up child recliner at DI for $5. We decided to fix it up for Joey's birthday. Jared pulled the whole thing apart and ripped off all the old upholstery. He replaced the cushions on he both the arm rests. fixed the seat and springs and also replaced the cushion on the seat. He then restuffed the back and covered the whole chair in some CARS fabric that we have been buying out of the remnants bin at Walmart. I was glad that Jared was willing to do all the work for it, except I think he was just happy for an excuse to use his staple gun. Since we just used the material that we had the Chair ended up a little bit busy but, a busy chair for a happy busy boy!








6 comments:

LittleFamilyJL said...

Wow you guys! That is amazing!!! I'm sure Doey just loves it!

MomSqrt said...

WOW! where were u when I needed u! We just got rid of a nice chair, and all we needed to do was, well, what jared just did!
It looks awesome!!!

Dax and Steph said...

Wow...you guys need to start a business fixing up old furniture and selling it. All Ryan wanted on Christmas was the box his wagon came in. What is it with kids and boxes?

Melanie said...

Wow! I am so impressed. That is amazing. He'll love it.

Anonymous said...

Hey Emily, I found your blog from Grandma Madsen! I didn't realize that you had a blog!

I love what you guys did with this chair. I've started trying my hand at sewing but I'm far away from being able to do anything like that, just yet anyway.

It's nice to see your little family.

Jen

(This is Aunt Michelin's oldest daughter by the way.)

Anonymous said...

Can I just say wow and super cute. Perhaps you'd want to teach an enrichment class on upholstery:) now dont try to avoid me.