Saturday, August 1, 2009

Jeanie turns 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can not believe that our sweet little baby girl is already a year old!! I am so glad that we have her a part of our lives! She has the biggest heart and is just so sweet! Happy birthday cutie!

On my birthday (the big 25!) We went boating with the Stoker family. It was so much fun! Joey loved riding the boat! I never brought the camera down to the beach unfortuntly. While there we celebrated all the July birthdays and Jeanie got to destroy her cake! And boy did she have a good time doing it! She is wearing one of her birthday gifts from me. I made her a cute little apron as most of her bibs really don't do much but protect a small little area!



The day at the lake proved to be pretty exhausting! In these pictures there are 5 babies sleeping, and a sleepy Aunt Amanda watching over them! The only baby we were missing was Lucas... who was probably sleeping soundly wherever he was with his daddy.
On her birthday we invited the Grandma  and Grandpa Reece  and uncle Nathan to come enjoy cake and presents with us. 


We also did a fun little Korean tradition. You set out a couple items and you have the baby crawl and see what item they choose will tell you about there future.
A Ball- They will be athletic
Money- They will  be wealthy
Spool of Thread- Long life
Book- They will be a Scholar
and...
Jeanie Choose long life! 
(that was Joey's choice as well!)

Unfortunatly we had to do a rather low budget birthday. We have so many toys already that we still have in boxes we have plenty of toys. The other day when I went to DI looking for something else I cam across a cute little cabbage patch doll that reminded me so much of Jeanie... I ended up not getting it, but went back and found another one that was also pretty cute. I bought it and brought it home. I gave it a good cleaning and made some cute little clothes for it. 

At first I had thought I had found a very vintage doll- apparently the color of the ink of the signiture on the tush tells you the year. I thought it was 1984 which was the year I was born. Upon further google research however I found that my signiture was on the right cheek rather then the left... therefore making it a 1998 anniversary doll. Oh well still a fun find!


1 comment:

Julie W said...

Seriously Cute Little Apron!!! Love it!!