Thursday, October 30, 2008

Failed Costumes!!!

So for some odd reason I got crazy and decided to make and sew costumes for the kids. My idea was for us all to dress as pirates and make Jeanie our parrot. Unfortunetly I ran into many problems these past few days with them. I made the pirate hat for Joey way to small and he won't wear it anyway. For Jeanie's costume I didn't realize that the fuzzy fabric I sewed to the red onsie would make it to tight to put it on her with out a lot of pain! Sigh, anyway I got to fruastrated and We decided to go in a whole different direction. My sewing abilities was not a total crap out though. I had offered to make a turtle costume for my niece, it turned out pretty awesome!
Jeanie not so happily posing in turtle costume!


This is the parrot costume, was going to glue little eyeballs on the hood. Have her wear yellow pants underneath the onsie and of course sew on some fabric as feathers on arms.


And the Pirate hate made out of a suede skirt from DI



3 comments:

LittleFamilyJL said...

Wow Emily! I'm impressed that you even tried! And that Turtle costume is ADORABLE!!! Very impressive indeed!

Dax and Steph said...

Don't feel too bad, I made costumes for Ryan and my niece and the one for my niece I totally had to do over again. The turtle costume turned out great though!

Cami said...

I love that turtle costume, Emily!! Great job! And I love the parrot and pirates idea, that would have been cute. And by the way, I absolutely love your blog background and ESPECIALLY your new header!!